NIW Services Blog
Window tinting not just for the car – your home and office will love window tinting, too
|The flooring, the furnishings - they'll all last longer |
with window film reducing the UV rays.
An egg white will cook at 149 degrees. The egg yolk at 158 degrees.
One way to keep the temperature from reaching these highs is to lower the windows a little. Another way is to have the windows tinted. Window tinting can block 99.9 percent of the sun’s UV rays and makes a big, big difference in keeping the car cool. Window tinting also keeps things cool in your home or office.
|Those UV rays are brutal.|
Window tinting is great for the home and office, too
Most people have heard of window tinting for cars. Fewer are aware that window tinting is also readily available for their homes and office. And the benefits go beyond keeping your home or office cooler. In fact, there are five significant benefits to adding window film (tinted or otherwise) to your home or office.
- Save money on energy costs: By cutting down the heat coming in through your windows, you’ll reduce the energy required for your air conditioning to cool your home or office.
- Preserve furnishings and floorings: Over time, your furniture and flooring is dramatically faded by the sun’s UV rays. But, it happens slowly so you probably haven’t noticed. One way to see the difference is to move a dresser that sits in the sun a lot and compare the floor around it and the floor that was under it before you moved it. You’ll probably be shocked at how effective the sun is at bleaching the color out of wood and fabrics.
- Maintain your privacy: While clear window film can also block 99.9 percent of the sun’s UV rays, tinted window film can eliminate the fishbowl perspective that you may have around the windows in your home or office. Tinted window film can enhance your privacy dramatically.
- Increase your security: A window covered with window film is extremely difficult to break through, even with a hammer. If it won’t stop a burglar, or worse, from getting into your home or office, it will slow them down and require that they make extended noise thy won’t appreciate. And, with tint, they’ll find it harder to look in and see if the coast is clear to break in.
- It’s a cost-effective improvement: Tinted window film can dramatically change the appearance of your home or office. It’s a quick and easy makeover.